Sunday, March 27, 2011

Huge Mess

My son and I went to Virginia Beach for the weekend and stopped at an Exxon in the middle of nowhere because he had to pee. We quickly ran inside, and I did notice that it was chilly - but it was cold outside, too. I also thought it smelled of stale beer, but didn't pay too much attention as my son was doing the potty dance!

After we got out of the bathroom, we decided to grab a snack. We walked down one of the 2 aisles in the place, only to realize that the corner of it was blocked off, the beer cooler door was smashed, there were broken bottles on the floor, and the walls had apparently been pushed in from the outside.

My son looks at the damage in front of him and says "Whoa! I did NOT make that mess!"

After we got outside, I looked over at the far right corner of the building, which was taped off with yellow caution tape. Cinder blocks were broken and the insulation from the beer coolers was exposed. Somebody must have missed their turn the night before!!

When we drove back through the next day, it was all covered up with plywood.

No comments:

Post a Comment