Sunday, March 18, 2012

21 Cents

Yesterday, we were in Target looking for a toy for my son. He has had 2 weeks worth of "green" days, so we told him he could get something. He was looking at bigger toys (of course), but told him they were too big, cost too much, etc. We ended up agreeing on a Hot Wheels Dinosaur track with a car.

On our way out, my son found a dime and a penny out in the parking lot.

Wow! Somebody must have had a hole in their pocket!

He had another dime in the car, for a total of 21¢. We counted out how much it was worth and I didn't think much more of it.

This afternoon, he hands me the 21¢.

Here, Mommy, you have it.

"Baby, I don't need your money. Put it with the rest of your money."

Yes, you do. You need it to buy me a big monster truck.

I just gave him a big hug.

No comments:

Post a Comment